Once you’ve decided to travel by ferry, then you’ll need to book your journey. Here are some tips that will help you make your booking.
- Choose the route, dates and ferry operator you wish to travel with.
- Book ahead for the best prices and availability.
- The easiest way to book is to go directly to the operator’s website and book online. If you have additional questions, that you can’t find on their website FAQs then give the operator a call.
- Operators may have several vessels operating one route with varying facilities on each ship. Please check which ship most suits your needs before making the booking.
- If you are booking a crossing with your vehicle, then you will need to know its length and height, including any tow bar, bike rack or top boxes and the registration to book. For those who don’t yet know the car registration you can add or amend this later.
- If you are travelling with a pet there may be various options, such as an onboard pet lounge, kennels, stay-in-vehicle or pet cabin accommodation. Consider which option is best for your pet. We recommend booking pet-cabins well in advance as there is limited availability.
- For additional peace of mind, we recommend booking flexible tickets where available. This allows you to change your travel time or date at no extra charge.
- As soon as you book any part of your holiday it is recommended to purchase travel insurance. This ensures that all elements of your trip will be covered in case of any unforeseen circumstances.