By entering the promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Promoter: The prize draw is organised and promoted by Discover Ferries, 30 Park Street, London SE1 9EQ
Promotion period: The competition is open from 12:00 24 February 2023 to 23:59 on 31 March 2023 inclusive. No entries after this date will be accepted.
Prizes: There are 12 prizes to be won:
- A standard return Club Class sailing with Condor Ferries to Guernsey or Jersey from Poole or Portsmouth for either two foot passengers or two passengers in a standard size vehicle. Available on Condor Liberation and Commodore Clipper only. Condor Ferries terms and conditions apply.
- A DFDS Dover-Calais day trip with premium upgrades, meal vouchers, and a wine tasting experience for two in the Duty Free shop, plus a 50% discount voucher to spend in store. Valid for a standard car and two passengers with priority boarding and premium lounge access included. Wine tasting experience not available on bank holidays and other dates will be subject to availability. Travel dates subject to availability. DFDS Terms and Conditions apply.
- DFDS Newhaven-Dieppe return crossing for two passengers with a free meal onboard and a standard cabin. Valid for a standard car and two passengers. Travel dates subject to availability. DFDS Terms and Conditions apply.
- DFDS Newcastle-Amsterdam Mini Cruise for two passengers including an en-suite cabin, a la carte meal upgrade and bus transfers to Amsterdam. Travel dates subject to availability. DFDS Terms and Conditions apply.
- A day-return ticket for two on Hovertravel between Southsea and Ryde, on the Isle of Wight. Hovertravel is a foot passenger service. Hovertravel terms and conditions apply.
- A standard return ticket for two passengers from Penzance to the Isles of Scilly on the Scillonian III with Isles of Scilly Travel. Scillonian conditions of carriage apply.
- A return crossing with P&O Ferries from Dover to Calais with either a Club Lounge or Pet Lounge upgrade. Valid for a standard return ticket with a car, two passengers and up to one dog for the Pet Lounge upgrade. Pet Lounge experiences are subject to the dog owner having the correct documentation and health checks for their dog to travel to the EU. P&O Ferries Terms of Business apply.
- A return crossing including a Club Lounge upgrade with P&O Ferries between Cairnryan and Larne. Valid on a standard return ticket, for a car and two passengers. P&O Ferries Terms of Business apply.
- A Mini Cruise for two including dinner with P&O Ferries on the Hull to Rotterdam route. Valid for two passengers, includes two nights (one night each way) in an en-suite private standard cabin, one dinner in The Brasserie and one dinner in The Kitchen and bus transfers to either Rotterdam or Amsterdam city centre. P&O Ferries Terms of Business apply.
- An Uber Boat by Thames Clippers Family River Roamer day ticket, valid for 2 adults and up to three children. A child is between the age of 5 and 15, 4s and under travel free. Boarding is on a first come, first served basis. Not valid for travel on special services. River Roamer terms and conditions apply.
- A customer service voucher to the value of £200 to book any ferry crossing with Wightlink. Wightlink’s terms and conditions apply.
How to enter: To enter the competition participants need to provide their name and email address and select the prize/s they wish to win. Participants can enter for as many of the prizes as they want, however it is only possible to select one at a time and only possible to win one. The competition is open to residents of the UK and The Channel Islands only, who are 18 years old and above. Employees of the ferry operators and their immediate family members are excluded from entering. No purchase is necessary.
Selection of the winner: A winner for each prize will be randomly selected from the entrants for each prize on Monday 3 April 2023.
The winners will be contacted by Discover Ferries via email by 7 April 2023 . Their decision is final and no discussion will be entered into.
The winners have 7 days to claim their prize by responding to the email. If Discover Ferries doesn’t hear back from the winner within 7 days we reserve the right to withdraw the prize and pick a replacement winner.
- The return ticket must be booked with the ferry operator at least 14 days in advance of the outbound journey.
- Tickets must be redeemed for travel between 16 April and the 30 June 2023, unless otherwise stated.
- Travel dates are subject to availability. If there are no tickets available for a selected journey, please select an alternative date. A break of journey is not permitted.
- Prize tickets are non-transferable, valid for one use and not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- Prize tickets have no monetary value and are not for resale or exchangeable for a cash alternative or merchandise.
- Where applicable, you and any accompanying travel companion(s) must travel together on the same journey that was booked utilising the Prize.
- The prize is the ferry journey as stated above and does not include transport to the port, accommodation, meals, on board purchases, travel insurance or any other expenses that the winner may incur. All such costs shall be borne by you.
- If winners wish to upgrade their tickets, for example: to bring a bigger vehicle, a trailer or caravan or additional passengers these should be requested directly from the operator and, if available, will be subject to a supplementary cost.
- It is the passenger’s responsibility to provide all documentation needed for boarding. If travelling to France or The Netherlands you will need a valid passport. If travelling with your car to the EU it is your responsibility to check what you need to bring with you: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/driving-in-the-eu
- For winners choosing a pet lounge upgrade, you, the dog owner, are responsible for making sure your dog has all the required health checks and documentation to travel to the EU and for all the costs associated with this. In case of boarding being refused due to insufficient or incorrect pet travel documentation the ferry operator will not be held responsible.
- Additional terms and conditions apply for travel from the individual ferry operators.
- If, due to circumstances beyond a ferry operator’s control, such as severe weather, they have to cancel your sailing, the ferry operator is not obliged to offer an alternative date.
- Please visit the ferry operator’s website for sailing schedules.
- If you have any special requirements, please inform the ferry operator when booking your sailing.
Redeeming your tickets
Once the prize draw tickets have been claimed your details will be sent to the ferry operator. They will contact you within 7 days to inform you of how you can book your ferry tickets.
Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, Discover Ferries including its officers, directors, employees, or agents accepts no liability for any damage, loss or injury suffered (including loss of opportunity), cost or expense whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way due to entering this promotion or taking up a prize. Discover Ferries is not responsible for any third-party acts or omissions.
Discover Ferries reserves the right to discount any inappropriate or offensive entries and to disqualify any entries if the Promoter, at its sole discretion, believes that there has been an attempt to manipulate or tamper with the operation of the promotion.
In the event of unforeseen circumstances, force majeure or circumstances outside its reasonable control, Discover Ferries reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this promotion without prior notice.
Entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of Discover Ferries, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. No correspondence will be entered into in respect of the Promoter’s decisions.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties agree that any dispute or action arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.