Set yourself up for smooth sailing to the EU
in 2021 and beyond
EU Travel check-list
- Check your passport’s issue date will be less than 10 years ago on day of entry to EU and that the expiry date is at least three months away on intended day of return
- Check you are covered for healthcare while abroad
- Check you have the right driving documents and insurance for your vehicle and trailers
- Check with your vet at least one month prior to your travel date what you will need to take your pet to the EU or the island of Ireland (including Northern Ireland).
Republic of Ireland
The Republic of Ireland is part of the Common Travel Area with the UK so travel requirements differ.
- you do not need a passport to travel to Ireland (although you do need a photo-ID)
- your UK driving licence is valid for driving while visiting Ireland
- you will have access to emergency healthcare (although we recommend you still get travel insurance for your trip).
Operators urge travellers to check passports now for European trips in 2021 New guide cuts through confusion on EU travel requirements Only a fifth* of the public know duty-free shopping…