To demonstrate their dog-friendly approach, Hovertravel is dedicating a weekend in March to encouraging dog owners to try the fastest ferry across the Solent. All dogs always travel free on Hovertravel and for Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 March, adult dog owners can also benefit from half price Day Return tickets.
Hovertravel connects Southsea in Portsmouth with Ryde on the Isle of Wight in just ten minutes and dogs stay with their owners throughout the journey. Our current fleet are much quieter than our previous craft, so there is less noise to disturb dogs or their owners and water bowls are available in both our terminals.
Loretta Lale, Head of Commercial at Hovertravel, adds: “We welcome all well-behaved dogs on our hovercraft and we are using this weekend offer to show just how easy and simple Hovertravel is for dogs and their owners. The Isle of Wight has superb walking opportunities, from a straightforward stroll along the sand at Appley Beach to a strenuous scramble up Culver Down where the dog-friendly Culver Haven Inn even offers a free dog biscuit for all customers.”
Customers can only book this offer in Hovertravel’s terminals at Southsea and Ryde on the day of travel with a dog present. For more details on this offer and information on dog friendly hotels and beaches please visit https://www.hovertravel.co.uk/Dog-Friendly-Island/index.php
The small print:
- Offer is only valid to book in terminals with a dog present on the day of travel.
- Valid for travel on Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th March 2019 only.
- 50% discount applies to standard adult ticket fares only.
- One dog is only permitted to bring one chosen adult to redeem 50% discount.
- Discount not available to be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or special offer.
- Subject to Hovertravel Terms & Conditions. Offer may be withdrawn at any time.
- Offer is non-refundable and non-transferable and is subject to availability.