Spring breaks in Ireland are fantastic value when Irish Ferries packages self-drive ferry crossings with accommodation at hand-picked hotels across the country.
For example, in County Wicklow, the Woodenbridge Hotel & Lodge claims to be Ireland’s oldest hotel, welcoming travellers since 1608. Irish Ferries guests are accommodated in the modern Lodge rooms. In the main hotel, Four Vales Bar is renowned for its live music and traditional welcome. The hotel is perfectly placed for discovering the beautiful Vale of Avoca, Glendalough and the Wicklow mountains, and coastal towns like Wicklow and Arklow.
A three-nights-for-the-price-of-two break at the Woodenbridge Lodge before 27 May costs from £166 per person, based on two people sharing a room, and enjoying ‘the full Irish’ breakfast every morning. That includes return ferry crossings from Holyhead to Dublin (70kms) or from Pembroke to Rosslare (94kms) for two people and a car.
Another popular east-coast choice is the Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel only 15kms south of Dublin city on the edge of Killiney Hill Park. The hotel’s four-star facilities include a leisure centre with indoor pool. The upmarket coastal villages of Killiney, Dalkey and Sandycove are on the doorstep and it’s easy to take the DART light rail into Dublin for a day’s sightseeing.
Three nights B&B here before 27 May is from £210 per person, twin share, again including return ferry crossings.
Other hotels with three-nights-for-the-price-of-two as part of an Irish Ferries Holidays package may be found in County Limerick, County Cork, County Kerry and County Galway.
08717 300 400, www.irishferries.com/holidays
About Irish Ferries
- Irish Ferries operates a fleet of five ships on the Irish Sea.
- UK Routes: Holyhead to Dublin and Pembroke to Rosslare.
- The fleet includes both the largest ship on the Irish Sea (Ulysses) and the only high-speed catamaran (Dublin Swift) both serving the Holyhead to Dublin route.
- Drive times to Holyhead: from Liverpool or Manchester 2hrs; from Birmingham 3hrs. Drive times to Pembroke: from Cardiff 2hrs; from Bristol 2hrs 30mins.
- Club Class (priority boarding, reserved seating, free refreshments etc) available at a supplement of £16 per person each way.
- Ship-wide free WiFi.
Press/picture contact Jane Williams at Beacon PR: firstname.lastname@example.org 01572 748 800