Thank you for entering our exciting competition on Twitter over National Ferry Fortnight and here are the Terms & Conditions for your reference.
The promoter of National Ferry Fortnight ‘Ferry Together’ competition May 2017 (“the Competition”) is Discover Ferries
Who can enter
1.The Prize Draw is open to all twitter followers of @DiscoverFerries who are residents of the UK and Ireland and aged sixteen or over on the closing date of the Prize Draw.
- The Prize Draw is open from 06 May – 20 May 2017.
3 Discover Ferries employees, their families or agents, Discover Ferries partners, or any other person connected with the Competition may not enter.
- By entering this Prize Draw, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and that our decision is final and binding in all matters relating to this Competition. If you fail to comply with these terms and conditions your entry will automatically be void.
How to enter
- You will require access to the internet to enter and a Twitter account. It is your responsibility to ensure that your privacy settings are such that we are able to see your entry.
- You can enter the Competition:
6.1.1 By posting an image or written tweet depicting your favourite ‘Ferry Together’ in response to the Competition tweet that is made available by us on our official Discover Ferries account, using hashtag #ferrytogether and #NFF2017.
6.1.2 Only one tweet will be needed to enter the Competition. Multiple re-tweets, duplicates or shares of other user’s tweets will not be deemed a valid entry and multiple entries in a single day will not be accepted. Do not create additional twitter accounts for the sole purpose of entering this Competition.
- The Prize is x1 return family ferry crossing on the ferry line of the winner’s choice courtesy of all 10 Discover Ferries members. (“Prize”). One Prize per winning entry and travel is subject to availability and to the conditions of the ferry operator chosen.
- The winning tweet will be chosen by independent adjudicators. There will only be one winner. The selection is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner shall be notified via twitter and will receive a Direct Message (‘DM’) from @DiscoverFerries
- The winner will need to acknowledge the Competition, and will then be required to submit their name, address, e-mail address, and gender to claim the Prize.
- If the winner(s) do/does not respond within 7 days following notification or is not available, we reserve the right to select an alternative entrant to receive the Prize.
- The Prize shall be arranged by the ferry operator who will get in touch with the winner directly to organise their crossing.
- There are no cash alternatives: the Prize must be accepted as offered, is non-transferable and subject to availability.
- We reserve the right to substitute the Prize or any part of it of equal or greater value, if this is necessary for reasons beyond our control.
Rules for entry
- Only one entry per person.
- You must comply with all of the rules regarding the use of Facebook and Twitter including but not limited to any rules relating to the entry of prize draws on Facebook and Twitter.
- You may only use a Twitter account to enter the Competition. Any entrant that is found to have used multiple Twitter accounts will be disqualified from the Competition.
- The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. You understand and agree that, by entering the Competition, you are providing your information to Discover Ferries and not to Facebook or Twitter. By entering this Competition, you release Facebook and Twitter from any action or claim arising out of the Competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Competition must be directed to Discover Ferries, not Facebook or Twitter.
- We will not pay any expenses incurred in connection with the Competition, including acceptance and use of the Prize.
- We may refuse to accept any entry that has not been correctly sent in accordance with these terms. Incomplete, bulk, automated and third party entries will be disqualified.
- We may alter, amend or withdraw this Competition without prior notice in the event that circumstances outside of our reasonable control make this unavoidable.
- We do not accept responsibility for (i) network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry; (ii) any postponement or cancellation of the Competition; (iii) any loss, changes to, postponement of, or ruse of the prize, and (iv) any act or default of any third party supplier, which is outside of our reasonable control.
- We accept no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant resulting from entering this Competition or by your acceptance of a prize, or any damage to your or another person’s computer or mobile phone equipment as a consequence of downloading any material relating to this Competition. Nothing will exclude our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
- By submitting an entry, entrants are sending their personal information to Discover Ferries. We will at all times process your personal data in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and applicable laws. The winner’s personal details will only be passed on to the prize supplier for the purpose of booking their journey.
25.This Competition, including these terms and conditions, are governed by the laws of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to any dispute arising under or in connection with the Competition and/or these term and conditions.